Friday 12 April 2013

Where Do I Start?!?

Welcome back! IF you have returned or have continued to read this second post then you are ready to jump on my "health train" and enjoy our journey! You are probably thinking, "Sure.....why not.....I have tried everything else....let's see what she has to say that works......". Last summer I had reached a point of knowing I was out of control....again.....but did not really know where to start. I had tried the diets and I had tried the exercise programs; always to not stay committed and giving up. DON'T WORRY!! This time is different......it is not a DIET and it is NOT an all or nothing approach to getting healthy. Weight loss is not even your major focus! Who knew!?!

I started with the help of Julia's book, "The Vice Busting Diet". I highly recommend you downloading a copy of it from the www.pgx.com website. There is also a workbook to help you and an audio version of the book. This is not a NEED.....you may think....NOPE.....NO WAY......I refuse to read yet another weight loss book! All you really need is you........the honest, no bull person that you are.

Only you know where it is best for you to start. Pick just ONE change today. Maybe it is a vice that you know is a huge factor in preventing you from a healthier lifestyle. It maybe a food (I mentioned a few in my first post) or it may be that you always have seconds at each meal. One of the most popular stumbling blocks is the dreaded "after 8 munchies". Once my two little ones are in bed and the house is quiet.....WATCH OUT!! I am prowling through the kitchen like I have not eaten in a week! It is VERY hard to sit in front of the computer or t.v. and not eat. Whatever you decide....and this is the most important thing for you to take away today.......it has to be a choice you can completely commit to. Don't think, "What.....I can NEVER eat chips again!?!" I encourage you to think, "Just not NOW......maybe when I am as healthy as I want to be I will re-introduce [insert your vice here] again into my life."

I can honestly say that I don't miss chocolate.....MOST of the time. Pop and ice cream have been much harder for me to give up. There are a few thoughts that have helped me and I want to pass them on to you. I honestly don't know where they originated; I found them on either Pinterest or Facebook.
      "With every food choice you either fight disease, or feed disease."
      " The only person you should compare yourself to is the person
          you were yesterday."
Having a few phrases in your brain that can help encourage you when no one is around to help you make healthy choices really helps.

So think about one change that you are able to commit to today and think of a phrase or two that you will be able to rely on to help you through those difficult times and please share them with us all below. I am and will always be searching for new and interesting ways to improve my journey and your sharing will help me.

Enjoy your weekend and enjoy making healthy choices!

Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment