Healthy Chicken Chickpea Chopped Salad
A healthy, delicious salad that’s super easy to whip up.
Author: Monique of AmbitiousKitchen.com
Recipe type: Main Dish, Salad, Lunch, Dinner
- 2 large romaine hearts, washed and chopped
- 1 cup pulled cooked chicken breast
- 1 (15.5 oz) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3/4 cup sweet corn (I grilled mine)
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/3 cup cilantro, washed and chopped
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup BBQ dressing, if desired
- In a large bowl add lettuce, top with all ingredients except for avocado and BBQ dressing. Toss salad gently.
- Place into cold salad bowls. Garnish with diced avocado and drizzle with BBQ dressing if desired. Serve with low-fat corn tortilla strips.
To make vegan omit chicken and goat cheese. Add in roasted diced red peppers for more flavor. You may you any dressing you like. Sometimes I like adding 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice and find that I don’t need any dressing at all.