Thursday 3 October 2013

Why Did I EVER Stop Going!?

Well, I went back to the gym tonight for the first time in weeks. I have to admit I am  now sitting here wondering, "Why did I EVER stop going!?"

I think the hardest part of making healthy lifestyle changes isn't that first surge of motivation when you are pumped up and ready to attack all the negatives at once; it is months later when you are tired, weighed down with responsibilities of work, family, and everything else life throws at you, and those old habits begin to sneak back into your routine. THAT is when motivation and determination is KEY in continuing successes in your journey to living a healthier lifestyle.

I have been so lucky to have so many sources of support and motivation but ultimately it is up to me to listen to that encouragement. Tonight I listened to all of the support that is around me and I listened to my inner voice and finally said, "Enough, I am not going to put my health on the back-burner one more day!" and as soon as the my little ones were in bed, I headed fort he gym.

I loved it! The staff had missed me and welcomed me back and asked what my goals were tonight. My sister-in-law joined me and I felt great! I did not go overboard, but worked hard and came home energised. And now, the next time I don't feel like going I will be able to re-read this post and get that feeling back again.

 I hope, by sharing this tonight I can encourage someone else who knows they should be making that step to get back into the routine they had going, to take that first step again. Just once....give it a try. Maybe you will feel the same way that I am right now writing this post. Maybe you won't; that is OK. Try something else until you find something that makes you feel energised! IF it is not fun, you won't stick with it. Trust me, I know from experience. I am also taking a modern dance class this year; and love it!

Thank you for bearing with me this evening as I try to get out my sense of empowerment that I am feeling; I wish this for everyone....to feel this kind of "high" after a good workout. I am always looking for new and exciting ideas for staying physically active so please share your exercise routines with me.

Yours in Health,

sherig

No comments:

Post a Comment